16 Sep Join Our Trail Ambassador Team
Trail Ambassadors are community volunteers that serve as friendly and informative points of contact for trail users to support safe and responsible use of trails. Join the team!
What are the responsibilities?
- Encourage users to follow CCC guidelines and Leave No Trace principles to improve public safety and protect our sensitive shrub-steppe ecosystem.
- Act as eyes and ears on the trail to help CCC recommend land and trail management strategies.
- Commit to 10 hours of outreach and engagement — at trailheads and on trails — in a calendar year.
How do you become a Trail Ambassador?
- Participate in a 90-minute Trail Ambassador Training. The virtual workshop teaches essential trail guidelines and effective outreach and engagement strategies to encourage good trail behavior.
- Familiarize yourself with CCC’s Trail Guidelines.
- You need reliable transportation (bikes encouraged) to and from a trailhead.
- Commit to 10 hours of outreach and engagement time at CCC trailheads and on trails.
The next virtual Trail Ambassador Training is on Tuesday, December 8, 4pm. Email Cy (email@example.com) for details.
What are the benefits of being a Trail Ambassador?
- Personal fulfillment from helping to protect special public lands while helping others recreate safely and responsibly.
- Experience in community outreach and public engagement.
- CCC swag! – namely a unique Trail Ambassador tee-shirt or hat.
How do you join?
- Fill out a Volunteer Interest Form. If you have any questions about the program, please contact Cy (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- We will contact you to schedule an online Trail Ambassador training workshop.