16 Sep Join Our Trail Ambassador Team
Trail Ambassadors are community volunteers that serve as friendly and informative points of contact for trail users to support safe and responsible use of trails. Join the team!
What are the responsibilities?
- Encourage users to follow CCC guidelines and Leave No Trace principles to improve public safety and protect our sensitive shrub-steppe ecosystem.
- Act as eyes and ears on the trail to help CCC conduct user surveys and recommend land and trail management strategies.
- Commit to 10 hours of outreach and engagement time at CCC trailheads in a calendar year. We also encourage you to spend time on the trails, but we primarily want to ensure that we meet as many people as possible at trailheads.
How do you become a Trail Ambassador?
- Participate in a one-hour Trail Ambassador Training – either online or in person. The workshop teaches site-specific Leave No Trace principles, outreach and behavior management strategies, and current best practices for recreating during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Familiarize yourself with CCC’s Trail Ambassador Guidelines, which suggest positive ways to interact with trail users and encourage Leave No Trace principles.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You need reliable transportation (bikes encouraged) to and from the trailhead.
- Commit to 10 hours of outreach and engagement time at CCC trailheads.
What are the benefits of being a Trail Ambassador?
- CCC swag! – namely a unique Trail Ambassador tee-shirt or hat.
- Personal fulfillment from helping to protect special public lands while helping others recreate safely and responsibly.
- Experience in community outreach and public engagement.
How do you join?
Fill out a Volunteer Interest Form. If you have any questions about the program, please contact Cy (email@example.com)