07 Dec 2nd Annual Nature’s Storytellers Writing Contest Guidelines
Are you one of nature’s storytellers? Do you have a story to tell about the land, water, or wildlife around you? Share your words with the community!
We’re looking for original writing about or relating to the natural world, especially the wild things that live and breathe in our special place on this earth, in Central Washington. Stories can involve nature as characters, narrators, heroes, villains, tricksters, or something totally different. It’s up to you!
We’re accepting works in the following three forms:
Prose (Fiction or Creative Non-Fiction): 5,000-word max / no minimum
Poetry: 500-word max / no minimum
We’re accepting works from the following two age groups: Youth (18 and under) and Adult
Submission Deadline: EXTENDED TO: Wednesday, February 24, 2021
- Please submit your stories online here (https://form.jotform.com/cowichecanyon/naturesstorytellers)
- Please, up to two submissions only per person per category (poetry or prose).
- We request that your submitted work be unpublished elsewhere.
- Contest winners will be published in an e-book created by the Yakima Valley Libraries.
- 1st and 2nd Prizes (TBD) from community businesses will be awarded in four categories Adult & Youth Prose, Adult & Youth Poetry.
- Winners will be invited to perform their work as part of a live Virtual Reading event held over Zoom on the evening of Wednesday March 17, 2021.
Winners will be selected by a panel of judges from Cowiche Canyon Conservancy volunteers.