19 Nov 3rd Annual Nature’s Storytellers Submission Guidelines
Are you one of nature’s storytellers? Do you have a story to tell about the land, water, or wildlife around you? Share your words with the community!
We’re looking for original writing about or relating to the natural world, especially the wild things that live and breathe in our special place on earth, in Central Washington. Stories can involve nature as characters, narrators, heroes, tricksters, or something totally different. It’s up to you!
We’re accepting submissions in the following two forms:
Prose (Fiction or Creative Non-Fiction): 5,000-word max / no minimum
Poetry: 500-word max / no minimum
We’re accepting works from the following age groups: Youth (6 to 12), Teen (13 to 18), & Adult (19 to infinity).
THE DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED
Submission Window is open until Sunday, February 13, 2022.
HOW TO SUBMIT
- Please submit your stories online HERE.
- Two submissions per person per content form (poetry or prose). So you can submit up to two poems and two stories.
- Contest winners will be published in an ebook created by the Yakima Valley Libraries.
- 1st and 2nd Prizes from community businesses will be awarded in all age and form categories.
- Winners will be invited to perform their work as part of a Live Reading at a date and location TBA in February. Stay Tuned!
Winners will be selected by a panel of volunteer judges from the Yakima community.